Our vision, our mission and our goals
Carers Australia is the peak national body representing Australia’s carers. We take a leadership role and respond to carers' needs and those of the people they care for, being mindful of their financial challenges and in many cases, lack of social inclusion. Carers Australia advocates on behalf of Australia’s carers to influence policies and services at a national level. We work collaboratively with partners and our member organisations, the state and territory carers associations, to deliver a range of essential national carer services.
An Australia that values and supports the contribution that carers make both to the people they care for and to the community as a whole.
To promote and support carers and the people they care for through effective advocacy, quality programs and community awareness activities that respect and enhance these relationships while meeting carers' needs.
- Engage with carers to ensure that our awareness-raising and advocacy truly reflects the diversity of their situations and needs
- Continue to raise greater awareness of carers, carer issues and Carers Australia
- Strengthen our advocacy with key decision-makers to ensure that public policy reflects the interests of carers
- Manage, strengthen and grow services of excellence.
- Increase our standing as a credible, professionally competent and trusted organisation.
Our goals, values and objectives are based on our commitment to our Guiding Principles.