Our vision, our mission and our goals
Carers Australia is the national peak body representing Australia’s carers. We take a leadership role and respond to carers' needs and those of the people they care for, being mindful of their financial challenges and in many cases a lack of social inclusion.
Carers Australia advocates on behalf of Australia’s carers to influence policies and services at a national level. We work collaboratively with partners and our member organisations, the Network of state and territory Carers Associations, to deliver a range of essential national carer services.
An Australia that values and supports the contribution that carers make both to the people they care for and to the community as a whole.
To promote and support carers and the people they care for through effective advocacy, quality programs and community awareness activities that respect and enhance these relationships while meeting carers' needs.
- Engage with carers to ensure that our awareness-raising and advocacy truly reflects the diversity of their situations and needs
- Continue to raise greater awareness of carers, carer issues and Carers Australia
- Strengthen our advocacy with key decision-makers to ensure that public policy reflects the interests of carers
- Manage, strengthen and grow services of excellence.
- Increase our standing as a credible, professionally competent and trusted organisation.