About the caring through COVID project
The caring through COVID project encourages carers of people living with mental illnesses to connect with other carers, assess and monitor their own wellbeing, and take part in and engage with online resources which promote self-care and wellbeing.
Carers Australia has partnered with Mental Health Australia and Mental Health Carers Australia to deliver this project. This project is funded by the Department of Health through the National Mental Health and Wellbeing Pandemic Response Plan.
What is the Personal Wellbeing Index?
The Personal Wellbeing Index (PWI) is a survey for individuals to self-assess satisfaction with their life. The survey consists of eight questions about your satisfaction with different parts of your life. Each question asks you to respond on a scale from zero to ten. On this scale, zero means you feel no satisfaction at all, and ten means you feel completely satisfied.
At the end of the survey, you will be provided a score out of 100, which indicates your current wellbeing. This survey and its results are a general indication of your wellbeing, and it does not provide advice or diagnosis. The results are not a substitute for professional or medical advice about your mental health and wellbeing.
If you need support during or after completing the survey, there are a range of mental health supports available. If you are in immediate danger, please call 000. If you are not in danger but need immediate support for your mental health, consider calling:
- Lifeline’s 24-hour telephone counselling service on 13 11 14. Or you can text 0477 13 11 14, between 6 pm-12 am AEST. Visit Lifeline for more information.
- Suicide Call Back Service’s 24-hour telephone counselling service on 1300 659 467 or visit Suicide Call Back Service.
- Beyond Blue’s support service on 1300 22 46 36 or visit Beyond Blue.
- SANE Australia’s telephone counselling service between 10am-10pm Monday to Friday AEST on 1800 187 263 or visit SANE Australia.
- QLife’s support service on 1800 184 527 or reach out using webchat between 3 pm-midnight AEST. Visit QLife for more information.
If you are seeking carer-specific support, click here for more information about Carers Australia and the National Carers Network.
The first series of courses begin on Tuesday 25th May – click to register!
All responses are anonymous, so you won’t be identified in any way. The data will be anonymously recorded and will be collectively grouped for research and reporting purposes.