Search this website (jump to search)
Skip to content |
View access key information for this website |
Increase the font-size for this website
NDIS & Carers
Work & Care
How we work
News & media
To resume a previously saved submission simply go to the resume saved submission page.
Step 1 of 3
1. Are you aware of how many carers there are within your workplace?
2. Do you encourage employees to disclose any caring responsibilities they may have?
3. If an employee self-identifies as a carer are there processes in place to discuss flexible working options?
3 a. If yes, does this include both at the commencement of employment and if a person's circumstances have changed during employment?
4. Does your organisation use internal intranets newsletters and other internal communication channels to distribute information to promote carer-awareness?
5. Does your organisation provide employees who are carers with any information on where to access carer supports?
6. Are there any supports provided to carers within the workplace? (e.g. a carers group)
7. Does your organisation have a formal policy or procedure in place for carers?
8. Does your organisation participate in National Carers Week?
Step 2 of 3
1. Does your organisation provide information resources on combining work and care to employees who are carers?
2. Are managers supported to promote flexible working options?
3. Are managers trained to respond to requests for flexible working?
4. Are there formal processes in place to consider requests for flexible working?
5. Are management made aware of the right to request flexible working arrangements outlined in the Fair Work Act?
6. Are employees made aware of the right to request flexible working arrangements outlined in the Fair Work Act?
7. Do you actively involve staff in the development of policies and procedures which are designed to assist employees who are carers?
8. Would you know if an employee had reduced their hours due to their caring responsibilities?
9. Does your organisation monitor the cost of recruitment and training?
10. When filling new positions do you consider full-time/part-time/job-share and other flexible working arrangements?
11. When you advertise for new positions do you specifically mention that flexible working arrangements are available?
Step 3 of 3
1. Does your organisation monitor attrition rates?
2. Does your organisation conduct exit interviews with staff to ascertain the reasons for leaving?
2 a. If yes, does this include questions about caring responsibilities?
3. Does your organisation conduct an annual employee satisfaction survey?
4. Does your organisation monitor changes to absences and turnover rates?
5. Does your organisation measure the use of flexible work and leave arrangements?
6. Does your organisation promote carer-friendly practices to existing employees?
7. Does your organisation promote carer-friendly practices to prospective employees?
Built by CRE8IVE, managed by Carers Australia
Built by , managed by Carers Australia