The following videos can help carers gain a better understanding of the NDIS and provide insight into how carers can support the person they care for during the process.
Laurel, who cares for her daughter Peta, speaks about her experiences and gives advice regarding the NDIS to Corrie, who is new to the Scheme and cares for her daughter Sharon.
Laurel is one of Carers Australia’s Peer Conversation Partners. This program provides the opportunity for carers to speak with a carer who has successfully transitioned to the NDIS.
Click on the links below to view the NDIS Peer Conversation Video Series, which cover the following topics:
- Introduction to the videos
- What is the NDIS?
- Nominees under the NDIS
- Where to get help with the NDIS
- Supports available to carers
- Identifying goals with the person you care for
- Carer involvement in the planning meeting
- Preparing for the planning meeting
- Funding for Transport under the NDIS
- What to take to the planning meeting
- After a plan has been made
- Local Area Coordinators
- Making changes to the NDIS plan
- Managing NDIS funds
These videos have been funded by the NDIS Sector Development Fund.