Carers Australia is passionate about working with other groups and organisations to pursue the interests of carers. By combining Carers Australia's strengths with the strengths of other organisations, we are better positioned to drive change in public policy and advance a common platform for reform.
National Aged Care Alliance
Carers Australia is a member of the National Aged Care Alliance which represents peak national organisations in aged care. It works to improve the system of aged care in Australia. For more information visit the National Aged Care Alliance website.
National Disability and Carer Alliance
Carers Australia is a member of the National Disability and Carer Alliance along with organisations that represent people with a disability and other service providers. The alliance works to promote change to improve the lives of people with a disability, their families and carers, and continues to work closely together to ensure the successful implementation of the National Disability Insurance Scheme. For more information, visit their website here.
Advisory Committee Memberships
Carers Australia also sits on the following Advisory Committees:
- National Disability Services, National Disability Workforce Strategy Project Reference Group
- Advisory Committee for the Federation of Ethnic Communities' Councils of Australia Systematic Review of Australian Research on Older People from CALD Backgrounds
- Australian Bureau of Statistics Reference Group for the Survey of Disability, Ageing and Carers
- National Health and Medical Research Council partnership - Productivity Costs of Informal Care
- National Aged Care Alliance sub-groups:
- Aged Care Gateway
- Home Care Program
- Home Care Packages
- Quality Indicators
- Carer Support Centres
- Mental Health Council of Australia NDIS Capacity Building Project:
- Project Advisory Group
- Scheme Design and Administration Arrangements Working Group
- Eligibility and Assessment Working Group
- Public Health Association of Australia Complex Behaviours Alliance